Social Media Policy
GCP&T's social media sites (Facebook and Twitter) are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication to the public from Greene County Parks & Trails on the listed topics. Any comments submitted to Facebook/Twitter pages and its list of fans are public records subject to disclosure pursuant to Section 149.43 of the Ohio Revised Code.
This sites are not created as a public forum, but as a way for the Greene County office/department to communicate its message to the public. The comments expressed on this site by non-Greene County commentators or unauthorized officials do not necessarily reflect the official views of GCP&T. Comments posted to this page may be monitored during regular business hours. We reserve the right to remove inappropriate comments containing, but not limited to, the following types of content:
• Vulgar, profane, obscene, violent, or offensive language and sexual content or links to sexual content;
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, military status, disability, genetic information, or sexual orientation;
• Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
• Content that disrupts or disturbs the ability of the office/ department to express its message
• Content that requires an inordinate amount of staff involvement or resources
• Violation of any laws of the State of Ohio
• Spam or solicitations of commerce, including but not limited to advertisements of a vendor’s products or services;
• Content that supports or opposes political views, campaigns, or ballot measures;
• Infringement upon copyrights or trademarks;
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
• Defamatory or personal attacks;
• Threats to any person or organization;
• Repetitive or duplicative posts by single or multiple users
The purpose of this clause allowing for the removal of public comment is to preserve the right of the office/department to express its views and activities without being subject to annoying, dangerous, or criminal behavior.
For your convenience, GCP&T social media sites may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites that are provided or maintained by GCP&T. Please note that GCP&T cannot guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of these external sites. In addition to material posted by this office/department, this page may include ads and suggestions for other profiles to view selected by Facebook/Twitter and links to third party sites included in user comments. The inclusion of these ads, profiles, and links is outside of the control of this office/department and are not an official endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service. GCP&T does not receive any revenue from any of these links or sites.